ABOUT THE WORKSHOP - Info from The Path Workshops website.
Join D’Arcy Benincosa, Florist Chikae Okishima Howland Sylist Emmily Jones of The Gatherist and Commercial and Stock Photography Genius Extraordinaire Ron Adair for a four day intensive Destination, Commercial and Stock Photography Workshop. Come away with us to the bright lights of Tokyo and the peaceful Zen of the Japanese countryside. Japan is a country rooted in such strong traditions, culture, and a peaceful way of life, yet it’s cities are full of vibrance, personality and robot dance museums (for realz!). Tokyo is one of the safest cities in the world, with its eye on technology and the future, it is the perfect setting to learn about and create stock images that bring in extra revenue. We will discuss the ins and outs of commercial and stock photography—getting hired and getting paid. After a day of intensive classes and street shooting in Tokyo, we will take a train to the stunning countryside and connect with the enchanting and intoxicating landscapes, stillness, and beauty. We will be fed nutritious and homemade foods while exploring the countryside, having intensive classes, doing a large wedding styled shoot, and ending the workshop with a trip to the hot springs and some meditation.
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF:
• You need a clear step-by-step growing your business and bringing in revenue.
• You want to change your mindset for success, cultivate your motivation, and channel your ambition into the best practices for the modern business.
• You want to learn how to attract your ideal client, how to get clear guidance on your pricing, and learn how to network with high end vendors
• You want clarity around how to stand out in a crowded market and book work that pays you well
• You want to gain confidence in directing, posing, and styling.
• You want to learn how to take photos in any lighting or weather situation and in any country
• You want to get rid of the limiting stories you keep telling yourself (telling yourself you don’t have enough time or money are the biggest lies!)
• You want to take life and business to the next level.
• You are tired of going it alone–always trying to learn on your own and not getting the support you need.
• You want to learn how to book destination weddings all over the world and get paid for them
• You want direction on street photography and how to sell your stock images to make passive income
• You want to make more money than wedding photography alone and expand your business into commercial and stock photography shoots
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT FOR YOU IF:
• You are looking for the cheapest option — we believe in prosperity and paying people what they are worth around these parts
• You are looking for a wild party and drinking and messing around
• You are looking for an easy vacation and are not fiercely committed to growth
• You have a victim mentality and whine and complain a lot about everything (general Debbie Downer behavior)
WORKSHOP INVESTMENT INCLUDES:
• The Brand New Revised Edition of THE PATH WORKBOOK: DESTINATION EDITION (over 100 pages of information, strategies, and best practices to implement when growing a Destination Wedding Business).
• Four Nights of Accommodation in Shared Room (single rooms have an additional fee)
• Meals for the length of the workshop (you have to buy your alcohol yourself!)
• One half day Street Shooting in Tokyo (Chikae will lead us to all the most beautiful and less known spots)
• One Full Traditional Japanese Wedding Styled Shoot
• One Full Day of Business Classes and Wealth Consciousness Training
• Outing and Excursion Transportation to various location photography, shopping, and hot springs (price for hot springs also included)
WORKSHOP INVESTMENT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Airfare to and from Japan. A valid passport is needed to travel to Japan.
• Car Rentals or Transportation to the Venue.
After you have registered for the workshop a DETAILED ITINERARY and TRAVEL GUIDE will be emailed to you to answer all of your questions and help you plan your trip! This will cover what to bring, how to pack, clothing, excursion information and you letting us know if you’re one of those people who doesn’t eat gluten so we can accommodate you (I’m speaking from experience as I don’t eat it either. High five!)
Your payment is due in full now and is non-refundable. If you desire a payment plan and do not want to pay the entire amount at once, you may pay $2,500 deposit to hold your spot, however, the total cost of the ticket will be $200 more and remaining balance due 60 days before the workshop.
* To book as a duo, pls email me directly for customized invoices.
We reserve the right to vary or alter the program at any time and cancel the workshop if needed. If the workshop is canceled, all payments will be returned in full. This is very unlikely, but the law makes us put it here anyway. There are no refunds once you buy the ticket, but we will be happy to book you in another workshop if available.